Thursday, September 28, 2006

As seen on Mighty Goods



These tiny things are completely necessary and I can't believe they've been missing from my life all this time. But the fact that I'm lusting after tiny & cute handcarved clothespin people makes me a little worried that I have passed over into the realm of annoying middle-aged woman who thinks everything tiny & resembling woodland sprites is adorable. So please, if anyone is out there, tell me the truth. Are these things good? As in, "Yes, I would have one proudly displayed in my home." or bad, as in "OMG, I can't believe she's on about these hideous tchotchkes! They will awaken in the night and eat her soul!"

Seriously, I so want one. And want to buy one for all of my friends. But, of course, I would keep the best ones (the ones with the acorn hats) for myself. Go look at the latest ones at The Small Object.

8 comments:

pd said...

They'r ereally cute. However, seeing as how I'm usually covered with cat hair and am considering starting a compost pile, my opinion might not be one to reassure you. ;-)

Krispy said...

I'm voting for the soul stealing.

have you read bad news hughes re: small monsters?

Sinda said...

Maybe they would just suck your blood and leave you alive to go buy more.

btw, I'm playing around with being more anonymous.

peevish said...

Like the thumbnail doesn't out you. But I love the name!

urban-urchin said...

Hey! I love small object- she's really clever.

What happened to Barlyu???

Bobealia... said...

I just got here from Menosblog, and I wish you posted more often because I read everything on this first page.
As for the sprites,I firmly believe it depends on what the rest of your house looks like. If you live a funky lifestyle with cool furniture like the stuff below, sure you can get away with these acorn friends. If you have a "country" feel to your decor, then I would say, back away from acorn head.

peevish said...

bobealia, I hang out more often at barlyru. I often read your comments on menosblog. Please come again!

f*bomb. said...

It will eat your soul for sure.
But I'd trust it to be stalwart enough for an outside line of wash.